Tasting “Mr. H” - Second Serving
Friday December 2nd, 2011
Music provided by: DJ Cash and Lawrence Lee
Mr. H is a speak easy like dance club located at the Mondrian Soho Hotel. You need to have good fashion, the right guest list, and probably a date to get in. A tall cranberry vodka ran at $14. Coat check is $3.
* But they have pole dancers !
Here’s what our “Tasters” thought. Click the Names to find out more about them.
Zero : You can read all about my first impressions of Mr. H right HERE. My thoughts about the place are still pretty much the same but tonight was a more pleasant experience. It was still pretty crowded and if you were dancing closer to the bar, many people are going to be constantly trying getting by you. The good thing is that Mr. H really knows how to pick some great DJs and tonight was all about dancing. I guess I should also add that the coat check guy was gracious enough to check our stuff for free because I only had credit card on me.
SWIRL: As you’ve heard time and time again, it’s not easy for me to dance to hip hop. Something about it just doesn’t let me go loose. But once The DJ put on some Daft Punk we seriously didn’t stop dancing for about 3 hours. The set from there on was magical despite there being more wallflowers than booty shakers. I think we were really feeding off of the energy of this one girl dancing next to us. Every now and then she would try to lift her boyfriend off the couch but she was unfazed by his constant rejections. She was going at it just as hard as we were. We need more girls like her.
WHY WE WOULD COME BACK FOR SECONDS
- Pole dancers
- Amazing DJs seem to always be playing when we’re here.
- Neon Brothel Sign room was surprisingly empty when we got there. Looked like a good place to lounge around.
- Close to Wohop for easy early morning eating.
WHY WE WOULD SEND IT BACK
- Make sure you know the right list at the door otherwise you’ll be in for some name dropping juggling.
- Somewhat crowded and harder to dance near the bar
- Only one set of bathrooms